Sunday, September 18, 2005

Idle

On Friday I began having trouble with my scoot stalling out on me while waiting at a light. It was fairly annoying but for the most part I was able to keep the engine running enough to not have it happen at every light. Saturday I took the seat bucket out and below is the idle adjust screw. Took a few minutes of playing with it (make sure scooter is on the center stand!) and it was purring real nice at idle. I took it out for a ride and at one point thought the car behind me had bumped me. I then realized I had the idle up slightly too much I guess as you can barely feel the power at the wheel. Its not enough to really move the bike so not unsafe but I may turn it down a tick. On the upside I noticed that my acceleration was a little quicker and the thottle slightly more responsive. It may be that just breaking in the scoot meant the readjustment was necessary. I do no its been pretty peppy lately, I got it up to 50 no problems today between two lights. A picture detailing where to look for the idle adjust screw can be found here.

1 Comments:

Blogger DCifuentes said...

isn't that a picture of a 2 stroke bike?

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home