Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Scooting rugged terrain.

Scooting just hasn’t been the same since they ripped up nearly every road on the way to work. This was nearly three weeks ago and just this past weekend did they get going on repaving. The scooter doesn’t seem to complain much about the rough terrain but I get nervous of something coming loose or hitting some loose gravel. I think for the most part my fears are unfounded as in China as well as South America I’m sure terrain like this is a part of many peoples daily commute. I just hope it isn’t part of mine for much longer. The roads they have repaved are wonderful and so I guess I can be patient for the end benefit. At least I’m not worrying about street parking as they have been towing even though they aren’t working. Guess this is typical of construction.

Power Sports Factory has made mention of a new front fork that they will be releasing soon with improved shock absorbing capabilities. This will be a nice feature for those of us who encounter more than the occasional pot hole or as in this case road construction. Then again sometimes we just want to take these things were the conditions are a little more demanding. Up to this point I’ve been very pleased with performance and handling and have only been mildly inconvenienced by all this work going on. So unless its raining and or snowing expect to see me out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mantis...Ron here again. (From the Yahoo/ScooterBBS Board)

Where did you hear about upgraded front forks/shocks? THATS something I'd buy before I go performance/engine route. The fronts are WAAY too soft for my taste, and compress far too easily. I used to wonder whether I damaged them when I picked up the scoot. Using the ratchet tie downs, I transported it so snugly, the fronts were fully compressed during the 1 hour drive...

11:58 AM  
Blogger cmantis said...

Here is my source:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VentoScooters/message/17679

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home