Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bogging/Stalling Scooter Fix

Recently I have been running into issues with my scooter not running as smoothly as it should but I think I have found the culprit. The first symptoms I began to notice were while riding in the rain whereby the scooter would bog down at low speeds (essentially studdering under acceleration) and was idling funny at stop. Sometimes the scooter would want to stall out and would require gas while at other times it would idle strong even pulling at the scoot a bit. Well my solution was simple, remove the air filter and soak it in gasoline before letting it dry and applying a bit of gear oil before putting it back. While it was out soaking I also cleaned the carb (outside with soap and water then blew dry it with compressed air). The end result seems to be that my scooter runs stronger and smoother with little hesitation at low speeds now. My next step will be to replace the spark plug with an iridium one but I will have to wait on Pep Boys or Auto Zone to get one for me. Just thought I would pass along this information as others might find it useful. One thing to note is that the symptoms I had experienced are often felt either during or after significant riding in the rain. It is important that if you do so you check and or clean your air filter more regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home