Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Im back on two but not wheels

So after almost a year hiatus I'm back. I apologize for the long absence but did spend the time riding. Its difficult now deciding which machine to ride but I think they really compliment each other well.

The scooter is terrific in the city. It can get around traffic when need be (check applicable laws first of course). Parking for the most part is no problem right up on the curb. I have found that generally if you are against a building out of the way you are ok. With a cover on you will have almost no problems of course this all depends on where you live. The fuel economy and under seat storage really have an advantage for running around town. The scooter just a great all around ride for town.

The FZ6 is really a rocket. The inline four with 14,000 red line is exhilarating . It did take me a little bit to get used to all the power but everything I learned in MSF came back pretty quickly even after a year. I love riding the bike around and as far as sports bikes go it is very versatile. The seating position isn't nearly as comfortable as a scooter but isn't bad ever for hours on end. It all seems to have a large following with plenty of mods available. I think this one might just be a keeper.

I was hoping to be back on this site a little sooner however I have run into some problems that have delayed me. I wanted to return with 5,000 miles on both bikes but neither has made it there yet. The scooter needed some new parts which got delayed and I managed to pickup a nail in the rear tire of my bike. I should have both back any day and am very eager to complete this milestone.

I do have some exciting news to announce. I have recently purchased a helmet camera to record while riding. I have been experimenting with it on the bike and the results look promising. Unfortunately my computer is not powerful enough to edit the video. I do however have a video lab at work I hope I can utilize. I will continue to record and hopefully can compile some interesting clips to be posted.

I hope to be back on two (wheels not feet) soon. Until then ride on and be safe. Remember if you see me sweating it out on the side of the road staring you down its not you its the ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home