Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Riding in the rain

So I took the scooter to work today for the first time. Got there a little late as I wanted to make sure I was awake and not riding in half asleep. As per the recommendation of the parking office I pulled it right up on the sidewalk and left it chained to the bike rack. Well as you can imagine from the topic it started raining pretty good. I had to work late and by the time I was ready to leave the weather was not so agreable. After holding out nearly 30 mins I decided it was time to brave it. The funny thing is I went home for lunch and completely intended to grab a rain jacket but of course forgot on the way out the door. Needless to say I was soked through my dress clothes after making it safely home. As far as the ride went it didn't seem really affected by the rain. I was a little more concious of my stopping distance and the painted lines but the braked felt fine. I think if anything the other cars on the road felt sorry for me and left me plenty of room. So I guess Ive learned that while riding in the rain is just fine I better get myself a nice rain suit especially since this is my primary means of transportation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home