Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Almost Run Over by Public Transport

I apologize I haven’t been updating the blog as frequently but work has been really getting to me lately. I did however want to make a comment about my ride into work today. I was almost side-swiped right off the bridge by a Septa bus, not one of those big ones as they are on strike but by one of the large commuter ones for handicapped people. I guess he just flat out didn’t see me but as I was cruising in the right lane he just moves right over into me. Luckily I had enough room on the shoulder as I honked my tiny sounding horn. I decided I better get this jokers attention and proceeded to get right next to him and bang on the side and windows as hard as I could. I think it did the trick as he slowed down (mind you still in my lane) and I was able to pass by him while looking back and shaking my head in anger. This just goes to prove how hard it can be for others to see us on our scooters and how important it is to pay attention at all times even, and especially, since the other guy most likely isn’t. So for everyone out there please ride safe and stay heads up out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home