Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Modesta vs SS300

Is bigger always better? Well as Spring is here we can officially welcome another 2-wheel season of scooter riding. Many of us who have already purchased scooters fall into the 150cc or below class. I imagine many have had the itch to go bigger and it looks like our beloved importers are ready by introducing a number of 250cc+ scooter models just in time. For anyone thinking about upgrading or perhaps interested in joining the scooter ranks lets have a look at Strada's newest offerings the Modesta 250cc and the Super Strada 300cc.

rx200hp

Engine 155cc 4-stroke
Dimensions LxWxH 74"x27"x45"
Tires 130 60-13

Modesta

Engine 260cc 4-stroke
Dimensions LxWxH 76"x29"x48"
Tires 120/130 70-12

SS300

Engine 300cc 4-stroke
Dimensions LxWxH 84"x29"x53"
Tires 110 90-12

(*Note: These are the differences between the models when comparing all specs. I was unable to compare fuel capacity and seat height but will look into it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger cmantis said...

Nobody seems to care to comment but I think I will pick up the Modesta given the size specs.

5:21 AM  
Blogger cmantis said...

Hey there Tom Im glad that new engine is working out for you. You are a pioneer for the Vento generation and at least Strada can help you out as their east coast distributor. I too will wait on a bigger scooter. Financial constraints and the city riding have made me realize that this is just perfect. I would like to buy a windshield for my scooter for the highways but just had to shell out for these damn headlights. I imagine if we wait another year the the 250+'s will be settled and the 'maxi' scoots will be emerging and the truely is the real decision. Can't slip the clutch on an automatic and Im into urban riding myself...

-Bye the way new summer safety gear coming soon, stay tuned.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any update on when the strata modesta 260 cc will be in?

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home