Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Rearview Mirrors?

So I noticed something a little annoying on the way to work today. The mirrors just don't stay where they are supposed to. After even the shortest smoothest trip they move out of place. I have been trying to be diligant about watching my rearviews when I come to a stop, but now whenever I stop I can't see anything. As far as I know there is just one screw that goes into plastic so there is probably little chance of me being able to fix this problem by simply screwing it down tighter. I will have to come up with another solution, perhaps a rear view camera. Hopefully they will fix this problem in the newer models as I have heard many complaints regarding this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a nut you can tighten with a spanner to hold the rearview in place? That's how mine works. You could also glue it into position, and then just cut the glue off if you ever need to reposition it.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

My phantom's mirrors are attached by a socket head bolt that through the mirror and into a metal tab bracket and nut that are welded to the handlebar, underneath the plastic handlebar cover. I suspect your Strada must be similar. I doubt that it really is screwed into plastic.

I use a 3-ended bicycle allen wrench tool to keep mine tight.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home