Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Update

Not much new to report this weekend. There was a local rally here in town which unfortunatly I missed. As with most weekends I slept a lot and spent part of it working on my scooter but really didn’t have too much time to get everything I wanted accomplished. For starters I am still having some low end bogging which I am told is most likely the fuel mix. I will attend to this as soon as possible but in the meantime a more alarming issue has come up with my front brake. It appears as those my front brake has come loose causing movement around the calipers resulting in noticeable affects as well as an irritating noise. I tried to tighten it as best I could but think I need more tools as the brake itself is tight to the scoot but the housing, around the pads, appears loose. Hopefully I will have the tools I need soon as I almost had to leave my scoot at a friend’s house when it started raining. I just don’t feel that safe with the scooter in its current state. I did manage to stop by a local scooter shop here and drool over some of the 250 Kymcos. They had a quick look at my scooter and had general good things to say about it, especially given the price point. This made me feel a little better about my purchase although in reality I think some flack is to be expected. They also gave me a nice new NGK plug to try out which I will get to eventually. Both the local shop and PSF both asked why one would change out the plug but seeing as how eventually I will do it I might as well be prepared. As soon as I have time and get off before dark during these shortened days I will get right on these repairs. At least my ride in to work during the week is short and they have finally paved the roads. Oh yea and Septa is back off strike which is great news as the traffic, especially on Friday was just awful. I finally began to appreciate the art of lane splitting as I simply couldn’t cope with it all and witness a few motorcycles doing the same. Don’t think I will ever turn it into a custom as I like to both give and receive respect on the road but certainly does come in handy in certain situations such as this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home