Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Death by Cabbie

I realize it has been a few days since my last update and I apologize. I just got a kitten and things at work have been very busy leading up to this holiday season. The good news is that I will be off for a while after tomorrow. The bad news, and no suprise, is that some of those cagers on the road really do hate scooterists. Last night I was riding down to my friends house and had a cabby stop in the middle of the street, without warning, to let someone off. Well as I went by I made it known to him that this was unaccepatable. Well he reacted as you can imagine by proceeding to tell me off and threaten to run me off the road. I guess it wasn't just a threat as he literally did try his best to run me over. He was all over the road, in back of me, in front, from lane to lane. Finally I saw my opportunity and gunned it past him and took the long way to my friends. I wish I had taken his cab number and had been able to use my phone to call the police. Unfortunatly I couldn't with all my gear on and I decided rather than fuel the flames I better take it like the better man and stay living. In reality this sort of thing is too common an occurance but road rage when your on only 2 wheels can be a bit more nerve-racking. Hopefully I won't have any more stories like this but I thought Id share and hope such a thing never happens to any fellow rider. Stay safe out there and ride heads up, don't expect that those other "drivers" know or care what they are doing out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home