Tuesday, December 13, 2005

LED Install

I went ahead and installed the new LED bulbs tonight. It was actually quiet easy. This time around I had no trouble with the brake light thankfully. The only hitch I ran into was trying to replace the 2 screws under the front lip of the headlight assembly. For some reason they just spin in there I even tried teflon tape. The lights themselves look real nice. They aren't quiet as bright as the orginals but I think work just fine. LEDs are also much more directional so I tried to get as many in a cluster as possible. The brake light is supposed to flash upon hard braking I will have to test this tomorrow. The picture above is of 194 bulb LED clusters (UV). For more pictures visit the 'Mantis Mods' folder over at the Yahoo Vento Group.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mantis..the reason the two screws keep spinning, is because the folded metal tabs that clip over the plastic/that the screws tighten themselves into, have dropped out when you removed the front headlight assembly. Either that, or they are still in there, but not aligned with the screws.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home