Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Predict the Weather Report to be Wrong!

So the local news outlets all labeled this weekend the 'perfect weekend'. Temperatures in the low 80's and nice and clear. Friday I rode into work in a solid downpour and was met by the same fate on my ride home. Saturday I will admit was nice and I definitely took advantage.

Today I had big plans to culminate in a lobster dinner run. However mother nature was not in agreement and it has been miserable all day. Today I would have made it to 5,000 miles on the bike too. I suppose the chase is postponed. Now I have some idea how Barry Bonds must have been feeling.

One would think that with all of today's science and technology that we would be better at predicting the weather. Well I think I might be on to something and its really quiet simple. When I hear a weather report I predict its wrong.

Having only my scooter and motorcycle as transportation I am pretty much destined to ride in the rain. I have come to the realization that my ride will be either dry or wet with no real in between. I do my best to be prepared but sometimes its not enough.

I usually don't even bother looking at the weather report and will simply crack a window to get an idea of what its looking like. What bothers me is when I do actually happen to catch the weather and they are wrong. It seems every time they predict rain they are wrong and vice versa.

So the next time I hear 'perfect weekend' I will be prepared for the 'perfect storm'. Now I just have to keep an eye on Hurricane Dean and hope my friends in Jamaica are ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home