Friday, August 26, 2005

Racing along at 50mph

Ok, so on my way to work today I had my first race I guess I could say. Im not really sure it was that but atleast compared to my previous attempt, with the motorcycle, I did much better. Again Im not sure this car was racing me as it was a pretty beat up ride. Anyways I was just entering the city coming over this nice flat and wide stretch of road and had to stop at the light next to this pretty little beater of a car. We both took off from the line and of course I beat him as thats easy enough. Well I just start cruising along beside him thinking everything is going real smooth and then I look down and notice the speedometer says 50 mph! Eeks what about my break-in. Well I actually do throttle it pretty hard every now and again just for a moment and then let it engine break to help seal the engine so Im not too concerned. What did amaze me was how easily and smoothly I got up to speed. Give that my speedometer is probably off by a few mph I doubt it was quiet that high but still not bad for not even trying. I guess this scoot has proven to me what it is really capable of. I can't wait for the break-in period to be over to really test her out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Just break it in the way you intend to ride it every day. It will be fine! Heck, I'm personally of the opinion that hard running seats the rings sooner and gets any "break-in" done earlier, rather than later.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home