Monday, August 22, 2005

Cruising on the Highway

Ok so the time had come for inspection, you only get 14 days from registration. I didn't want to cut it too close in case it rained so I headed down to DMV first thing after checking in at work. I had to drive over the Ben Frankin about 20 minutes to find it. Very interesting DMV sort of set back from the roads on a little patch of land and was only designed for inspection/testing. Its annoying that you have to go to one DMV to title/register and another to inspect but nothing at DMV is ever easy I guess. Luckily there was no line really so after pulling off in the parking lot across the street to afix my reflective stickers (it is the law to have reflective stickers on your helmet) I got right in line. Its not fun sitting in the hot sun with a black full face helmet but I had no choice. Luckily one of the ladies saw me and had me pull to the middle while she went in for my sticker. All she did was glance at the front end, presumably to check for lights/reflectors and 5 minutes later she returned with my 4 year inspection sticker. I wonder if I will even have this scooter that long but good nonetheless. Coming back from DMV was fun, not much traffic, 3 lane highways. I decided that I would stay on the highway over the bridge into PA and so took 676 for the first time. I only cruised at about 45 but besides for getting passed a few times it was rather comfortable at those speeds (note: speedometer seems fairly accurate perhaps indicates 2-3 mph over). I could see doing this drive more often but sometimes traffic is another story altogether. I did something stupid when I parked back at work, I accidently hit the auto-start while locking the scooter up. It scared me a little but I managed to turn it off, it had me a little confused as the headlights remain on for a bit after its shut off but they did go off. When I got out of work I had forgotten I shut if off with the kill switch and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start for maybe 5 minutes. Boy did I feel stupid after I figured it out but I guess you live and learn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try some blue locktite on the mirror hardware.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home