Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Gas Gouging

I just realized as I got a ride into work today how ridiculous gas prices really are. I still remember a few summers ago paying $0.86 for regular, yesterday I paid $3.49. I forgot to look closely but I think 93 octane was as high as 3.69! I mean even with a 1.7 gallon tank still too pricey. I also learned that when the tank is ¾ empty it still has ~.5 gallons. I had been wondering this as it always seems to fall off faster towards the end. I did also purchase a 2 gallon can to keep at home for when it’s not convenient to go to the store. Someone made an interesting point to me the other day regarding gas and fuel economy. While it is true these scooters get incredible mileage it is also often true that us enthusiasts often go for joy rides more often than or 4 wheeling counterparts. Not that we come anywhere close to the consumption but just reinforces how fun and economical these scoots are to enable such care-free operation. You think that guy with the Hummer is driving around for the hell of it, well ok yes they probably are but some people just must burn $$$!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home