Monday, September 05, 2005

Lights Out

So I came outside to find 3 scooters in my parking space. Evidently my neighbors were having a party. They were nice looks scooters I believe all Vespa's and they were taking turns riding them around the block. I got to talking to someone at the party who was interested in learning more about my scooter. He informed me that the girls who's Vespa it was had it stolen 3 times already. He also said that in order to get parts to fix it (after whoever stole it dumps it) you had to go to a Vespa dealership and not only is it expensive but last time it was in the shop for 6 months! So now Im nervous about theft but happy that I can do my own service. Over the weekend I received my Haynes Repair Manual and it looks very informative. It covers 2-stroke, 4-stroke, and liquid cooled engines. So while it covers virtually all scooters 80-250cc it should come in very handy as reference. I will post more on this manual after I've had a chance to read through it some more. Also it looks like I may be doing some repairs sooner than expected, my taillight doesn't work! I've heard of others with similar problems with non working lights. I was on my way to my friends BBQ, about half-way, when someone in a car pulled up and told me it was out. I had to decide then whether to conitnue or not and I choose to come back home and park my scooter back with the rest of the gang pretty bumbed out. Hopefully I can fix this soon as I won't be able to ride at night until I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Bulb first, then the socket- check them. Its probably easy stuff. Don't go digging into the wiring harness until you rule out the easy stuff...

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home