Saturday, June 03, 2006

Taking a spill

So today I managed to get my first fall out of the way. I laid the scooter down pretty good but was able to get right back up and starter her up. I must say I am actually somewhat relieved because as they say: There are two types of riders those that have gone down and those that are going to. I now know which type of rider I really am.

Unfortunatly for me I didn't get my summer protective gear yet but besides a few scrapes and sore shoulder Im none the worse for the experience. My helmet even managed to survive without a mark to tell. The scooter however experienced a decent amount of damage to some of the body panels which are easily replaceable. The scooter still runs fine but I am going to go a head and have it checked out anyways.

The lesson to be learned here is that at some point in time the inevitable will happen. When it does you want to make sure to be prepared and react accordingly. I did my best to keep the scooter up but in the end realized it best to just let it go. Im very glad that it happened as it did and nobody got hurt. Another quick point I would like to make is that this accident occured just around the corned from my house. Sometimes I think if Im riding to the store down the street that I don't need my helmet or gear but in the end I always put it on. Statistically you are much more likely to get into an accident within a few miles of your house.

So please ride safe and heads up at all times. It also helps to keep the scoot up too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home