Monday, August 27, 2007

The Winner: Yamaha not Yamati

I finally reached the 5,000 milestone and it was not on my scooter but on my Yamaha FZ6. I have been trying to achieve this since early this summer. I had almost achieved this on my Strada rx200hp. I was hoping at that point to turn the bike over to PSF for inspection. Unfortunately the scoot only made it to 4,960 miles. The front fork began to leak oil and I was forced to bring it in for repair. Luckily this did not result in the same outcome from just one year prior when the same malfunction caused me to wreck (link to pictures). Fortunately the warranty on Strada scooters expires at 5,000 miles so most of it should be covered. Unfortunately it has been 3 months now and still no word on when my scooter will be repaired.

Back to the topic at hand, we made it. I realize that 5,000 miles is not that much but at least its a start. (Nearly) 5,000 miles on a Chinese scooter in two years is pretty impressive. On a bike its not that much so. However this is only my first year with the bike. I bought the bike on recommendation from some of the guys at PSF and am really happy with it. I do sometimes get joked at for having the scooter but really each bike has its own place. I wouldn't get rid of either one and ride them both as much as I can when I can. I guess in the end however its not how you get there but that you do. I had set this goal much earlier in the summer and while disappointed to not have achieved it on the scooter I still made it and...

... here are some pictures to prove it:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home