Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Today was the day to be riding a scooter

Unfortunately I am unable to ride at the moment. I slipped and fell on some stairs and cracked my ribs. It is extremely uncomfortable but is ok as long as I don't move around too much. I think right now the bike would just be too much for me to handle and could get away from me. Hopefully though I may have my scooter back this weekend as I finally heard from the dealer after three weeks hiatus.

It was however such a beautiful day. As I sat outside this morning I saw a whole lot of scooters passing by. I had to catch a ride into work though. Today happened to be the first day of classes for many schools and traffic was really bad. To add to this there is a taxi strike in New York and Philadelphia. Although not having as many crazy cabby's on the road was nice.

In addition to above mentioned reasons for it being such a great day to scoot was all the action going around in the neighborhood. I had one neighbor moving out with two large trucks at one end of the street. On the other end was a work crew with three trucks blocking the road as well. Then after finally maneuvering out I discover they are filming a movie just around the corner. Rumor has it is Happenings by starring Mark Walberg.

Here are a couple of not so great pictures of the action:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home